This has been a week of "tellings" about my weight loss surgery. I told my aunts, uncles, and cousins (the ones who live close anyway) that I will be having the surgery. I love my family and they, clearly, love me. Some people experience rejection, scepticism, or jealousy from their family when they discuss WLS with them. But, my family seemed put at east with my choice. The looks on their faces seemed thankful and relieved, like I had provided the answer to a problem they had been searching to solve but didn't know how. One of my aunts started to tear up. I am so fortunate to have such a strong support network of people who love and care for me.
I also officially told my RNY surgeon's office that I would not be having the RNY and asked them to please return my $300+ "membership fee" check. It was bitter sweet. Diane, my contact there, has been so kind and helpful. But, I knew it was the right choice for me. However, I was a bit late on the draw because y insurance company had already sent them four letters saying I had withdrawn my request for RNY approval!
A good week it's been. Being honest about such a personal decision has a calming effect.
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment