My surgeon, Dr. Lane's office told me they would be sending in my insurance paperwork today. But, when I called at about 4:00 PM today, the papers still hadn't been transmitted. Just after 6:00 PM today I got a call from one of the Nurses at my insurance company:
Caller: "Hello, may I please speak with Justin?"
Me: "Speaking."
Caller: "Hi, Justin, It's Mary-Ann from Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. I'm calling to let you know that I've just approved you for your Duodenal Switch and inpatient stay."
Me: FREAK OUT...LOTS OF THANK YOUS!!!
I spoke with Mary-Ann last month and she pointed me to Anthem's Surgery for Clinically Severe Obesity "Provider Tool" for Northern Ohio. It's a three page questionnaire that your surgeon fills out, dates, signs, and faxes. She told me that once she got the "tool" she would be able to make a determination in 30 minutes. I thought "yeah, right" thinking that there would be stalling and delaying and avoiding approving me while they reviewed and demanded more paperwork. Those three pages is all Dr. Lane's office sent in. No reports, no notes, no charts, NOTHING else. And, as promised, in about 30 minutes, I was approved!
So, on May 20, 2008, God willing, I shall be have my Duodenal Switch!
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment