Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Life More Full

I have never allowed my size to stop me from doing that which I wanted to. I am traveled, I am well educated, I have friends and family who love me, my life is full.

But, there is more to life than what I have. I can see in my minds eye the son and daughter I will have with a wife I have yet to meet. And I know that I will have neither wife nor child in my current state. It is not that I am unlovable, but rather, that I do not love my physical state. So how can I expect someone else to love me?

But there is more than touch and intimacy that makes me want to loose weight. There is value in not fearing that one will unexpectedly or prematurely fall ill or die. Not fearing such things allows one to place their energy into other enterprises. I want to live without this fear.

I have never allowed my size to stop me from doing that which I wanted to. But, I have come to understand that my size has prevented me from discovering all that life has to offer and thus from discovering that I want more. But, I do want more. And so I have decided to have weight loss surgery. Not because I want a life less lonely, but because I want a life more full.

No comments:

Post a Comment