Monday, May 12, 2008

T Minus 8...

Well, look, I seem to have missed blogging in the month of April... sorry about that. I've been SUPER busy with school. But, finals are now over - HOORAY! - and I'm now in super-surgery mode. Here's a (long) update:

Diet and Exercise:
Dr. Lane asked me to walk 30 minutes a day and have been compliant! I walk in the park next to my house late in the evening. It's the self-conscious fatty in me that likes to walk under cover of dark. And, while this practice has lead to several... interesting situations (read, masturbating perverts)... I am more fit now then I was when I started and am loosing weight. The dieting has helped too. I started with mostly frozen dinners. Let me say, these are not your mother's mushy unidentifiable frozen dinners - Healthy Choice's Cafe Steamers Beef Merlot is amazing! But, days of scrumptious frozen dinners have turned to days of liquid meals. As directed, I started my pre-surgical full-liquid diet a week ago. It's not that bad. The cravings for substance get bad sometimes. But, for the most part, they are not hunger cravings. Six more days to go, then onto the clear liquid diet, then surgery. I'll move on now by saying I REALLY REALLY WANT A STEAK!!!

Supplements:
I ordered and received my supplements from vitalady. It was like Christmas opening the box! Here's what I'm taking every day:

Upon waking
1 – Iron (Ferrochel) Complex (27mg Iron)
1 – Vitamin C (1000mg)
1 – Multi-strain pro-biotic

Plus 2 Hours
1 – Multivitamin
1 – Vitamin A (Acetate) Sublingual (10,000IU)
½ - Dry Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) (25,000IU)
1 – Dry Vitamin E (400IU)
1 – Dry Vitamin K (Phylloquinone) (100mcg)
2 – Bone Calcium (2 pills totals 500mg Ca, 250mg Mg, 100IU Vitamin D)
1 – B12 (Methylcobalamin) Sublingual (1,000mcg)
1 – Coromega Omega-3 Fish Oil Supplement

Plus 2 Hours
1 – Calcium (Citrate) Complex (500mg Ca, 250mg Mg, 200IU Vitamin D)

Plus 2 Hours
1 – B Complex
Thiamine (B1) (200mg)
Riboflavin (B2) (28.6mg)
Niacin (B3) (80mg)
Pantothenic Acid (B5) (45 mg)
Pyridoxine (B6) (23.4mg)
Biotin (B7) (80mcg)
B12 (100mcg)
Folate (200mcg)
Choline Citrate 40 mg
1 – Zinc (Picolinate) (50mg)


Plus 2 Hours
1 – Calcium (Citrate) Complex (500mg Ca, 250mg Mg, 200IU Vitamin D)

Plus 2 Hours
1 – Multivitamin (see, page two for contents)
1 – Vitamin A (Acetate) Sublingual (10,000IU)
½ - Dry Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) (25,000IU)
1 – Dry Vitamin E (400IU)
1 – Dry Vitamin K (Phylloquinone) (100mcg)
2 – Bone Calcium (2 pills totals 500mg Ca, 250mg Mg, 100IU Vitamin D)
1 – Siliphos (Milk Thistle) (180mg)
1 – Selenium (L-Selenomethionine) (200mcg)

Anyway, I've stopped taking the Vitamin E pre-surgery, as directed by Dr. Lane. And, I feel like by body is doing better with the liquid diet thing because of nutrients I'm getting from the supplements.

I've been dealing with some pre-surgery anxiety, but this post is getting long so I'll post more about that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment