Friday, September 12, 2008

The Life I was Saved From

I stood looking for a merlot to season my potroast with.  Green beans, mushrooms, onions, and organic carrots filled my cart.

A man passed me on one of the store's motorized carts.  He was larger than I was at my largest.  His legs were swollen.  His limbs were scared from what I think was gout.  I wanted to run up to him and tell him about this amazing surgery I had.  But, I knew that the discovery and acceptance that one needs help only comes from within - at least, that's where my drive came/comes from.

I am by no means at my weight loss or fitness goals.  But, I am heading quickly in that direction.  I am so grateful to have been saved from that life.  Last summer my cousin told me to "get up and walk" while I still had the ability to.  Thank God I was saved, that I chose to save myself before those words were all together too true.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right. I saw a woman at a nursing home in her fifties who was completely immobile due to her weight. That would have happened to me in my 40's at the rate I was heading.

    ReplyDelete