Well, I spent today walking with no brace on my ankle for the first time since my "injury." My pain is nonexistent and my doctor cleared me to return to exercise! Who knew I'd ever be happy I get to exercise. My ER doc said the pain in my ankle was caused by a sprain or tendinitis. The orthopedic surgeon said it was arthritis. The foot and ankle specialist said it was gout, secondary to a high protein diet. Whatever, at least I'm not in pain anymore.
I had a blast last weekend at the Cleveland Walk from Obesity. The whole NEO DS team came out in force! Plus, my mom was there and that meant alot to me. She has been so supportive and loving as I go through this process. And with sciatica and all, she walked the whole route with me. BY THE WAY, the men and women at the Walk from Obesity need not to make a fat man walk 2 miles and call it 1. They said that the route we walked was ONE, SINGLE, UNO, mile... well, Live Maps says it was 2 miles! NOT FUNNY! But the walk, with friends and family, and the trip to Cheesecake Factory afterwards was fun and Lord knows I need the extended stroll.


No comments:
Post a Comment