Friday, September 19, 2008

I hurted myself!

For no reason whatsoever I awoke early Saturday morning with a pain in my right ankle.  I don't remember hitting or twisting or doing much of anything detrimental to it.  The only thing I can think of is that the repeated "back-and-forth" action of the rower got to me.

So, wanting to rule out a clot, I went to the ER.  They gave me an air cast and crutches.  Then, I retreated to my mom's house in the country and stayed the rest of the weekend and into this week there, on my back, comfortably perched on her living room couch.

The doctors tell me I have a low grade sprain, or tendinitis, or arthritis.  Basically, they have no idea what's wrong with it, or when it will get better, or when it may return.  Thus, I wait.  Wait for the pain to go down and function to return.  Then, it's back to the rower and back on-track to my weight loss.


No comments:

Post a Comment