Thursday, May 22, 2008

In Hospital Update

Every two hours somebody is in my room doing something to me. Taking a measurement of this or that, injecting something, or filling up or emptying something. I know, it’s their job, but my goodness EVERY TWO HOURS! Let’s see, what else? Oh, I’ve had my upper GI done. They thought they saw a leak, but Dr. Lane confirmed that everything was fine and I am leak free. That gave the go ahead for them to bring be popsicles and jell-o and water and protein drinks. The only trouble is I have NO inclination to eat or drink. I have dried little bites or sips here and there. But it’s not enjoyable. Amy or Dr. Lane come and see me every day. My mom is in by 10:00 AM and sits guard for me while I nap the day away. My only complaint is that the nurses can take a long time giving me my pain medication. The other night I had to pull the call button out of the wall to get a response. That sent them running. Fortunately, with my pain meds. My friend from OH came to spend some time with me! She brought a cheery hello and GIFTS! Thanks M!!!!! Oh, and today I got to get the tube (Foley catheter) taken out of my penis! My nice female nurse was there and she said it was okay to take out now. Then, she called some MAN to come up and take it out. I know, I know, either way there is nothing sexual about getting a tube ripped out of your manhood (unless you’re into that thing… no judgments) but the thought of some guy grabbing my junk and yanking wasn’t appealing. I asked my nurse “can’t I do it myself” she laughed and said “no.” And, of course, I’m doing lots and lots of walking (every two hours)!

No comments:

Post a Comment