
Yesterday was my birthday. Those who know me know that I claim the whole month as mine and all this month I have received cards and calls and packages of love and well wishes from friends and family. I also gave myself some pretty amazing birthday gifts this year. A trimmer figure. A more active body. Energy. Health. And a new found ability to love myself. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to give off the impression that before my Duodenal Switch I was some self-hating fat man in a constant state of depression. No. I liked myself alot. But I find now that I love myself more. How do I know? Well, because I am more able now to let others love me. With each card or present I opened, with each package that came, during the time I spent with friends and family, with each loving telephone call, I felt love from the other person on a deeper level. It is more meaningful than it was before because when I hear "I love you" or "you're wonderful" I believe it is possible, because I love me and think I'm wonderful. Conceited? Perhaps. But, I deserve it.
No comments:
Post a Comment