Last week, I found myself so rushed it was hard to get good foods in. I even found myself stopped at one of my old haunts and Cleveland's best Puerto Rican place Rincon Criollo. There, I indulged in chopped chicharones - fatty, moist, salty, crisp pork bites sure to bring any diet to a screeching halt. Instead, I managed to drop 5 pounds in a couple days. I love my duodenal-switch!
I spent this weekend at my mom's house in the country. I love being there. She is so supportive, happy, and helpful. Plus, being in nature surrounded by the changing leaves of fall is always calming. She stocked me up with great food that will help me keep on track. As I type this post, there is chicken paprikash in the slow cooker, thanks to good'ol mom. I really don't know where I'd be without her.
Time for bed. I need to fall asleep before the smell of chicken begins to fill my apartment and I can't get to sleep due to over-salivation.

No comments:
Post a Comment