Friday, December 26, 2008

Holiday Comparison

With its cookies and pies, roasts, turkeys, stuffing, potatoes, and other fare, the holidays can be a time where we try not notice the extra pounds we've put on.  The scale becomes a no-no place.  If we can get through the month and a half between Thanksgiving and New Years, we can deal with the damage later.  This year, however, has been a different experience for me. 
I have taken time to reflect on Christmases past, and I celebrate myself.  As I was uploading this year's pictures I came across a testament to how far I've come.  Observe:

(Click here to see this image in full size)

I feel so much better in body and spirit than I did last year.  And, yes, I did have pie, and cheesecake, and stuffing, potatoes, roast, turkey, and cookies... oh, the cookies!  I also managed to LOOSE about 15 pounds during this period of feasting.  If I haven't said it recently, I LOVE MY DS!

No comments:

Post a Comment