Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Things Learned in the Men's Fitting Room

Gather 'round now children, and let me tell you of the great and many things I learned in the fitting room at Nordstrom Rack.

As your attention may wayne by the end of this post, I'll start with the most important thing of all.  I fit into a size 38 jeans!  Ok, now, you "normie" folk may be thinking "wow, that's pretty big."  But, what you must understand is that only a year ago I was wearing a size 60+ pants.  So, I bought a nice pair of Lucky jeans.  I think the brand name is apropos.

Next, I learned that some men don't have a filter.  So, this guy comes up to me and says "I saw you looking at those 7's (brand of jeans) and I knew they were going to fit you.  And they fit you good."  Uh, un-effing-comfortable!  I asked a friend who told me it is perfectly normally for a certain subset of guy to make such comments and mean nothing by it.  It's just their way.  I personally find it creepy that was watching me look through jeans.  I find it disconcerting that he later looked me over and thought I looked good, good enough to comment.  Some may be flattered, but I am body weird so I chose freaked out instead.

Finally, I learned that the "pretty people" are just as messed up about their bodies as the rest of us.  There was a guy trying on polos with his girlfriend.  He was clueless and awkward, and uncomfortable.  He made comments about his body and the fit of the shirts and asked what people would think of him in it.  He was just as self conscious as I have been.   I find that somehow comforting. 

1 comment:

  1. It's crazy isn't it! I just got a pair of 31 Lucky Jeans. Love em but man talk about low waisted jeans! I think the zipper is 2 inches long. And speaking of Lucky jeans and zippers ... I love the Lucky You when you un-zip :) Congrats on he new jeans Justin!

    ReplyDelete