A little update since it has been two months since my surgery.
Weight loss
I remember reading that it is percentage, not pounds, lost that matters in this experience. On my day of surgery I had 225 excess pounds. I've lost 26% of that weight. In total number terms, I started this journey in February at 520 pounds, had surgery in May, and today weight 396 pounds. I don't remember life in the 300's. My clothes - especially my pants - are unwearably big and the new pants that fit three weeks ago are falling off of me, falling off of me in Whole Foods, falling off of me in front of my landlord, this is getting to be a problem. New bones are poking through. And if one more person notices my 124 pounds of weight loss by asking if I've lost some weight in my face I'm going to scream! What, was my face once the size of a blimp?
Food
I don't get hungry anymore. I have to remind myself to eat. I get full quite fast. When it came to food I loved fat and salt. I like meaty savory things. I wasn't so much into bread or sweets. So for me, my experience has looked more like the "eat what you want when you want" people because what I want to eat is meat and when I want to eat it is a few bites a few times a day. If my "food triggers" were pasta, bread, and sugary, I think things would be more difficult and slow going now.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment